October is National Physical Therapy Month, and the in-home care companies Floridians trust – American, Advocate, Douglas and Whitsyms In-Home Care, recommend helping the older adults in your life become more physically active (with doctor’s approval and exercise plan), and to engage the services of a physical therapist when warranted to improve quality of life and health.
Physical therapy is a great option for seniors who:
- Are recovering from an accident, injury, or surgery, such as a fall or hip replacement. Physical therapy is a crucial component in recovery following hospitalization, helping seniors regain balance, flexibility, range of motion, strength, and endurance while reducing pain.
- Have experienced a stroke. Physical therapy can help retrain the brain to utilize lost or compromised functionality, allowing seniors to regain use of muscles impacted by the stroke and increase independence.
- Are enduring pain from conditions such as arthritis or osteoporosis. Extension exercises to improve posture, weight-bearing exercises, aquatic therapy, use of hot packs and ice, and many other techniques can help minimize pain and reduce the risk for falls.
- Struggle with incontinence. A physical therapist can teach seniors exercises for the specific muscles that control urination, train on appropriate hydration and restroom planning, and more.
- Simply want to improve balance. Balance problems in seniors are common, for a variety of reasons, and can be strengthened through physical therapy services that boost the many bodily functions that work together for balance.
Trusted by Florida families since 1992, our referred care providers can help seniors requiring physical therapy services in a variety of ways, including transportation to PT appointments, providing motivation to follow prescribed exercise plans, preparing healthy meals, or even simply providing friendly companionship and conversation to make each day the best it can be.
Learn more about our family of brands and the many ways we can help a Florida senior in your life. Click the link below for the location nearest your loved one:
- American In-Home Care – Serving North, Central, and West Coast of Florida
- Advocate In-Home Care – Serving Southeast and Southwest Florida
- Douglas In-Home Care – Serving Treasure Coast
- Whitsyms In-Home Care – Serving Southeast and Southwest Florida
Contact us today for more information about our referred care providers and make tomorrow a brighter day for a senior you love!
State of Florida License and Registration Numbers: 30211518, 30211651, 30211295, 30211390, 30210978, 30211293, 30211382, 30211504, 30211733, 30211535, 30211531, 30211710, 30211709, 30211045, 5661